Motor vehicle insurance is compulsory in India under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. Motor vehicle insurance is insurance coverage for the risk of a third party arising out of the use of motor vehicles and also for cover the risk of damage to the vehicle. Indians do not care about the life insurance plan or the health insurance plan, but they are more concerned about motor vehicle insurance, whether they drive a scooter, bicycle, car, or truck. Otherwise, it is mandatory if someone injured without an insurance vehicle will be treated as a crime.
Nowadays, everyone has their own vehicle, the roads are full of vehicles, the risk is high, so auto insurance companies are growing day by day and claims have also increased. But many times, policyholders don’t know exactly what they can do to get their Auto Insurance Claim Procedure.
Here we explain the procedure of how to claim in your car insurance policy. This will help you a lot.
How to claim on your Car Insurance Claim
We will understand this procedure in some scenario step by step so it will be very easy for us.
Claims for own-damage: If your car met with an accident, you should follow these steps to claim for damages:
- Inform the insurance service provider: First, you must inform the insurer as soon as possible and you must send a properly completed claim form along with the required documents to the insurance company before sending the car to the garage for any repairs. The forms are available on the websites of insurance service providers. Most insurers follow strict guidelines and it is mentioned in the policy documentation.
- Lodge FIR: In some cases, the first information report (FIR) is required, so stay FIR at the nearest police station for the safer side. Although it may not be mandatory for the settlement of claims, it is advisable to file an FIR. It depends on the condition.
- Assess damage: Once you report to the insurance service provider, they will designate an inspector who will assess / assess the damage to your vehicle. It will prepare a report and transmit it to the insurance company. You will also receive a copy, and then you can move your car to the nearest network garage for repair. Note: If the damage is severe, the surveyor will arrive at the accident site as soon as possible for the survey.
Claim Settlement: As soon as the insurance company receives the survey report, they will analyze the claim request and send an approval to the garage. The garage will have to provide an estimated cost for vehicle repair and deadlines. The insurer will contact the network garage to get an overview of the extent of the damage and how the repair work is done.
Once the job is complete, you will need to take the duly signed invoices and documents from the garage and present them to the surveyor. Surveyor will send it to the insurance company. If all the documents are completed, the insurance provider will reimburse you for your bills. Please note that there will be some mandatory deductible and variable deductible components as outlined in the policy document. Once your claim is settled and your car is fine, you can drive again.
Car insurance claim process for a third party claim: -If you are responsible for an accident where a third-party suffers injuries or damage to property, here is what you need to do:
- Inform to insurance service provider – First and foremost you should inform to your service provider at the earliest. Also remember not to make any financial commitments to third party.
- Lodge FIR – Lodge FIR at the nearest police station and keep a copy of the FIR for future reference as well.
- Share policy document – You should mandatorily share a copy of your car insurance policy with the third-party, so that they can raise a claim on it.
- Claim at Motor Tribunal – According to the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, third-party liability claims are raised at the Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT). The claim can be raised by the third-party at the tribunal closest to his/her residence or yours.
After receiving all the documents, the insurance service provider will verify the documents and evaluate the accident and, if they find it satisfactory, they will obtain a lawyer appointed by them. the company will pay the fees directly to the third party.
It is advisable to see if the situation can be amicably resolved out of court.
Theft Claims: If you discover that your car has been stolen, follow the procedure below.
- After receiving all the documents, the insurance service provider will verify the documents and evaluate the accident and, if they find it satisfactory, they will obtain a lawyer designated by them. The company will pay the fees directly to the third party.
- It is advisable to see if the situation can be amicably resolved outside of court.
- Theft Claims: If you discover that your car has been stolen, follow the procedure below.
It is very important for us to know the formalities of the auto insurance claim procedure; otherwise, many people pay out of pocket due to a lack of this information. Today, the entire insurance service provider has a very good customer service network and their teams are also knowledgeable and cooperative, so you should contact your insurer when you need it. I wish you don’t need these procedures. I wish you had a Safe Drive, someone is waiting for you.
Looking for content for an insurance niche website or blog? Or if you want to promote a website or blog to increase sales from 50 to 100 times, do not hesitate to contact RS Seo Services Solution.
To write and promote unique and eye-catching content, use our Article Writing and Submission services. Our team of writers can write engaging and engaging content for any niche topic or website.
List your insurance related products or services to our Insurance Web Directory for very affordable price. We are offering also guest blog posting to our seo friendly blog for very reasonable cost. If you have any question or query then please feel free to contact us.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Suraj_Anjaana/186602
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10186327