There is nothing worse than a document full of misspellings. This reduces the credibility of your document. However, manually searching for misspellings in a huge document is also an overwhelming task. So do we have an option that can check our spelling mistakes quickly and efficiently?
Yes. You can use online spell checkers.
Why use a spell checker?
The English language is very broad. It is not possible to remember all the words. It gets even more complicated with spelling. Even the most experienced writers make misspellings.
It is not possible to manually verify each word. It can be exhaustive. Suppose you wrote a 5000 word article. You cannot manually check for misspellings in this article.
Also, humans are prone to mistakes. If you somehow manually verified an item, there is no guarantee that your item is 100% correct.
This is where an online spell checker comes into play. They are fast, easy and effective to find the errors in your article.
How does it work?
There are three approaches that an online spell checker can use to review your document:
- You can compare every word in your document with an online dictionary. This dictionary contains all the English words. Any word where the letters are misplaced will be edited based on the information in that huge online database.
- Another way is to train your system to find the wrong word according to the grammatical rules. You can mark “an” if you use “a” in words that start with a vowel sound. You can also use homophones to edit your article. Like the incorrect use of “write” instead of “correct”.
- The final way is to create your own rules based on statistical data. This system uses a large amount of data to frame its own rules for checking spelling errors.
What Format can you use?Most online checker can work with a variety of formats. Higher the number of formats it can handle, more popular and useful it will be.
- The basic way is to copy your document and paste it into the online spell checker. This method is supported by almost all online spell checkers.
- Some platforms allow you to enter a verifiable URL for all spelling errors.
- Many platforms will allow you to upload a.doc or.docx formats. It can be taken a little further by also allowing the .pdf and .jpg formats.
- Only a few online spell checkers allow you to insert Google Docs and the Dropbox URL.
What are the Benefits of a Spell Checker?Using one spell checker has become necessary. It is used by school teachers to check the assignments submitted by their students. This helps them to grade the students quickly and saves a lot of time.
Broadly these online tools provide two benefits: firstly all the errors are removed without wasting time and secondly, it saves the effort required to proofread the article.
The best online tool for this purpose is Corrector. It can check your article and give you a list of errors in just 0.3 seconds. So, what are you waiting for? Just copy your text and paste it in this grammar checker.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Dhanusuya_K/2703487
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10234724