The overhaul of the hybrid battery has made things easier in more ways than one. There is a reason why people consider it a revolutionary idea. Before we proceed to shed some light on the various aspects associated with reconditioning, let us provide you with information on how you can recognize if your battery needs some work.
Symptoms of decreased hybrid battery reconditioning:
One of the salient symptoms that should alert you to a battery problem is that there is a noticeable decrease in the vehicle’s throttle power while increasing fuel consumption. In addition to this, you will notice that your battery charges and discharges too soon. The ICE engine will also start more than usual. The deteriorating hybrid battery will not activate the malfunction indicator lamp in the early stages. This will happen only when the battery is on its last legs.
Other hybrid battery reconditioning points:
Hybrid batteries need an adequate level of care if you want to make sure they last a long time. Excessive heat generation can lead to a decrease in its useful life. If you use long drives with a hybrid battery that is not performing optimally, damage to other hybrid parts, such as inverters and converters, can also be quite costly.
A hybrid battery is an integral part of the hybrid system. If it does not work optimally, other hybrid components would be inadvertently affected, and therefore this is something to pay attention to immediately so that the problem is not exacerbated.
The perfect solution
It is the reconditioning of the hybrid battery that can save you from many problems. It has a lot to offer, more than we will discuss shortly. It is wise to first provide a brief overview of what battery overhaul is all about.
The process essentially consists of two elements, including charging the battery and deeply discharging it. The process involves combining the charging process with a deep discharge multiple times, leading to battery reconditioning. It leads to breakdown of crystal formations or voltage dips within the battery, restoring the lost usable battery capacity. As a result, the cell voltage levels are equal to each other. In the end, what you get is a battery that is capable of providing greater usability for the vehicle that can be tapped to its full potential. For the reconditioning process, you will need to have in your hands a reconditioning package that would provide you with quality results.
The steps involved:
Let us now continue to provide you with the steps you need to take to recondition your battery. Before starting the process, it is recommended to disconnect the AUX battery to ensure that it is not accidentally discharged through the interior lights during the reconditioning process.
- The first thing you should do is charge the battery. You will have to charge the battery until the voltage stops increasing. Full balance is also recommended, but not something you should do at this junction.
- Once charging is complete, you must discharge the battery. The voltage must reach at least 0.8V per cell.
Repeat the charging process until the voltage stops rising and then discharge the battery at 0.5V per cell. Again, charging should be done until the voltage reaches its maximum level, and then the battery must discharge at a level of 0.1V per cell.
- Repeat the process one last time charging and balancing the battery. The charger should now be allowed to run for a minimum of 4 hours after the voltage stops increasing. This ensures that the package is completely balanced.
- You can now disconnect the charger, after which the battery should be allowed to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes. It is a good idea to let it rest for an hour before trying to start the vehicle.
- We provide you with a complete battery reconditioning treatment that you can follow. However, if you don’t have that much time, you can also opt for two download cycles instead of the full three. The two-cycle overhaul treatment tends to take care of a single weekend, thus ensuring that your work doesn’t have to suffer because of it.
- While the reconditioning treatment has been shown to be successful in restoring optimal battery performance in most cases, it is sometimes not enough. This depends on the condition of the battery, as well as the degree of degradation it faced when the reconditioning treatment was started. In case you don’t get the desired results of the overhaul treatment and instead get the failure errors, you should have the idea that one or more modules inside the battery have suffered severe failure, which would take more than the overhaul To solve it. Physical replacement should be done in this case.
More about hybrid recondition batteries:
In some cases, even a replacement would not work. For example, when we talk about Honda’s hybrid battery, you will find that replacing a single stick to match capacity to the remaining battery is extremely difficult. Therefore, it is not advisable to try to opt for a replacement in this case. Instead, it would be better with a complete battery replacement.
In contrast, when it comes to Toyota’s hybrid batteries, replacing failed modules has been seen to have been successful. To determine which module has failed in a Toyota battery, you must perform a load test on each module. You’d find reliable battery module charge testers on the market, making it easy for you. They are not very expensive, so money is not something to worry about either.
Once you have replaced the failed modules, you need to refine the battery reconditioning treatment a second time. This will ensure that the new module is matched with the rest of the battery. After you’ve replaced the faulty modules, you need to make sure to perform regular battery maintenance to make sure the add-on modules don’t suffer the same fate.
The effects of reconditioning:
It cannot be denied that hybrid vehicles have many benefits to offer you. However, they also have some drawbacks. This is especially true when you think about the loss of energy, power, and battery capacity that occurs over time. This is a natural process found in all hybrid vehicles. Battery performance will decrease over time. The only question to ponder is, when will the inevitable occur? In such a situation, reconditioning the hybrid battery is just what you need. Since this treatment is capable of restoring battery performance by up to 95%, you will not be disappointed with the results it has to offer. Essentially, there are two main benefits you can reap if you recondition your batteries.
The first main advantage is that you save a lot of money. You would not have to pay thousands of dollars to replace the damaged battery that does not provide optimum performance. By reconditioning your battery, you can save a tremendous amount of money. Most of the time, untrained technicians along with car dealers advise people to replace the batteries as they charge quite a bit for it. You must ensure that their conversations do not appeal to you.
The reason that most people choose hybrid vehicles is because they want to do what is good for the environment. However, purpose is somewhat lost when hybrid batteries are thrown away as they then enter the waste stream. With the help of reconditioning, you can ensure that the batteries are not wasted and do not reach the environment. The best thing about reconditioning is that you can do it as many times as necessary, making the batteries reach a longer life.
There is no doubt that battery reconditioning is capable of giving you impressive results. However, the only thing you should guarantee is that you use quality equipment. You must use the correct charger and unloader if you want to ensure that the reconditioning treatment is successful. So get your hands on equipment that is of deep quality and that you can trust before considering reconditioning the hybrid battery.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Mussadiq_Khan/1394806
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9686838